Monday 15 September 2014

In Chicago

Oh yes. How I ended up in Chicago.

So my school managed to plan several trips this year. They consist of San Francisco, Chicago, South Korea and Cambodia.

I've always been interested in Chicago, what with its culture and huge appreciation of the arts, so I decided to sign up for it.

I am truly blessed that my family was willing to let me go and pay so much for it as well.

So yeah, now I am here and it's been about a day since we have landed.

We took a 3 hour flight to Hong Kong, then a 15 hour flight to Chicago which was insanely long.

The architecture here is amazing. Everything here is so well planned out and well designed, and you are just totally in awe everywhere you walk.

Also, like I mentioned, the appreciation of art. Its so great here because there is just a form of art everywhere you walk. You see parks filled with different art pieces and students here who are just so passionate about what they do. 

Walking around and taking it all in.... It just feels right. It feels so comfortable and right. It fits in with the city all so well, until it feels like without any of these, the city just won't work out at all.

It is quite incredible how different the place is from Singapore, and hold such history in the buildings.

The culture here is very different as well and I realised that a lot of them here are very passive-agressive, but I won't touch on that. Majority of them are friendly.

Anyway, I should go to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment